We are currently seeking a Controller to join our client’s team. This position will work with the management team to oversee the company’s day to day operations. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with external accountants, banks, and any other professionals relevant to the business. Occasional travel may be required. Notable duties include, but are not limited to;
- Coordination and/or preparation of payroll using external payroll processor;
- Coordination and/or preparation of all tax filings required during the year;
- Coordinate the year-end financial statement preparation and corporate tax returns;
- Assist business development with planning and budgeting;
- Provide financial analysis support/guidance to management;
- Monitor the financial policies, practices, and procedures of the operations.
- Compensation based on skills and experience;
- Opportunity for growth within the organization;
- Cost-shared health & dental benefits;
- Group RRSP matched up to 4%.
As the ideal candidate, you possess a strong work ethic and integrity in everything that you do. You are organized, and able to manage your time effectively. You have demonstrated the ability to identify and solve problems effectively. You also possess the following;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or a related field, or equivalent;
- 3+ years accounting experience;
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation considered an asset;
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Sage considered an asset;
- Multi-team management experience considered an asset.